If you've never read The Kite Runner, now you don't have to. They made it into a movie. I read the book last year and it is an incredible story. One you must watch or read at some point in the near future.

Whoever did the movie did a great job translating the book. I could tell a few things they changed, but they were changes that made sense. Some things may work fine in a book, but fall apart when filmed. The director fixed all those very well.

One cool thing is that I finally understood the kite battles. Watching them unfold (as opposed to reading them) added some tension that the book lacked because I couldn't get my imagination to understand what the heck was going on. Watching them take place makes me want to go get a kite and try it out.

I'm not really going to say a whole lot about this because it's one of those movies that's best to go into knowing nothing. Just take my word and rent it. Or, if you're a reader, pick it up next time you're out shopping. It's an incredible story and you need to experience it.

Grade: A

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home