Like all of Jack Black's other movies, I thought, "instant rental" when I saw the trailers for Be Kind, Rewind. Nacho Libre had me laughing for hours and School of Rock was ok, but neither of them were worth wasting $10 on. Same with Be Kind, Rewind.

But here's the thing with this movie. It's like a spoof movie in that there are a list of prerequisite films to get the humor. Fortunately, that shouldn't be a problem because who hasn't seen Ghostbusters or Driving Miss Daisy? ...Says the man who just saw Predator and the Rambo movies.

The humor is all fine and dandy, but I found the "magic" of some movie tricks to be the most interesting. As these guys are remaking these movies on the cheap, it's amazing at how great some of the shots look. Sure, it's cheesy and cheap, but that's kind of the point. My favorite was the "night mode" while wearing Xeroxed copies of their face. Trust me, it's hilarious.

Anyway, if you like Jack Black go rent this. If not, well, Mos Def is funny.

Grade: B-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home