Why do I even try any more? I've said for years that Will Ferrell cannot carry a movie. Exhibit A is Anchorman. Exhibit B is Blades of Glory. But for some reason, I still long for the funny that was broughten in Old School will show up again. It feels like I'm at the end of a turd assembly line hoping for chocolate.

Semi-Pro is no different. In fact, it's because it's not different that it's so bad. Sure, it's got the same kind of humor as all of his other movies, just less funny this time. I hoped for a "that just happened" joke, but was denied. This surprised me as everything else had been done before.

Maybe my problem is that I'm not a big basketball fan. If I was, I may have gotten a few more of the jokes, or at least appreciated them more. But I'm not a NASCAR fan and I enjoyed Talladega Nights (a chocolate piece).

Anyway, I'm not gonna spend any more time on this. If you like Will Ferrel, you may like it. But surely you have a list of ten or more movies you need to see that are better. Go with those.

Grade: C-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home