I have a man-crush on Steve Carell. The dude cracks me up. My Thursday nights are reserved for The Office and he's mostly the reason why. Well, that and taking bets on when Jim and Pam are breaking up.

So when I heard that he was taking over for Don Adams in Get Smart, I thought, "Brilliant!" just like those Guinness guys. Who else could play the "funny man who's in a comedy but doesn't realize it" part?

I was also a bit nervous. Did you see the Pink Panther? Steve Martin is funny, and him speaking in a French accent is enough for me, but the movie wasn't all that great. It was ok, but certainly not worth $10 -- the exact amount I had riding on Get Smart. See where I'm going?

Fortunately, the movie is hilarious. I love going to comedies where the whole audience laughs with you. It's contagious. My viewing of Get Smart was like that. There wasn't a large crowd, but the people there all laughed for two hours. You can't help but enjoy that.

Anne Hathaway was also a big question mark for me going in. I'd never seen any of her movies, well, because she's only done like twenty princess flicks. Fortunately, my manhood is intact and I've never had to see one. But she's great and plays a great counter-balance to Carell.

The plot is kind of obvious, so don't go in expecting great drama. But the jokes are great and this one's worth checking out if you're in need of a laugh.

Grade: B+


0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home