Remember that Hulk movie a few years ago? Ang Lee did it right before Brokeback Mountain. I don't remember too many of the details, but I think Hulk was trying to avoid the Army for violating the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy. I may have that wrong, but whatever, the movie was horrible.

Fast forward five years and Marvel gets their own studio. First, they come out with Iron Man (supposed to be awesome) and this weekend, they release a new Hulk movie. I think it's called The Incredible Forget About That Last Hulk.

I'm not a big Hulk fan, but it's one of the few superheroes I know anything about. And that's only because I watched the TV show as a kid. Because of that knowledge, I was dreading another origin story. I hate origin stories. Especially those that get told over and over again. But in The Incredible Hulk, they treat the it perfectly during the opening credits. Brilliant. It's like they knew I'd be bored during the credits anyway, so why not squeeze some gamma radiation in there. Whoever made that call deserves a bonus.

Edward Norton is the last person in the world I pictured as Bruce Banner. The man can act, but as the Hulk? Come on. Fortunately, he proved me wrong. He's awesome and paints a very human side to the biggest green monster outside of Boston.

I was really enjoying this one up until the final act. I swear you can pinpoint exactly when the Writer's Strike happened. The CG is pretty and you best enoy it, 'cause that's all you get.

Wait and rent this one.

Grade: B-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home