I watch a lot of crappy movies. It's not intentional, but just by sheer numbers, the odds are stacked against me. However, I do try and make it a point to finish all movies I start. Sometimes I'll postpone a movie for another day if I'm not in the mood for that genre, but I will eventually finish it. For The Rocker I made it about thirty minutes before shutting it off. It's that bad.

The only reason I threw this movie into my queue is because Dwight Schrute plays the lead. Like most of America, The Office happily takes a half hour tithe every week. I was hoping that indulgence reaped a small blessing on the big screen. That hope was obviously misplaced.

Fact: Dwight Schrute is not Jack Black. Neither is Rainn Wilson. That casting choice just makes the bad idea of making a School of Rock ripoff even worse.

Also, watching someone vomit in their hand and keep it in their pocket for good luck is not funny - not even for shock value. It's gross and, as a bonus, a disturbing look into the mental state of the writers.

I'm done talking about this. The Rocker is truly one of the worst movies I've ever seen. So that's something, I guess.

Grade: F--

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home