I missed most of the Oscars this year, but from what I did see, things seemed pretty classy. Hugh Jackman looked like he made a great host and I kind of enjoyed the "Let's Bring Out Famous People to Say Nice Things About the Nominees" sections.

However, I thought mixing in old movie clips into the Best Picture nominees was terribly lame. If these are the best pictures of the year, why do they need the help of past winners? Maybe they were hoping for conversations like: "Milk? What the f- ooh! Braveheart. That was a great movie."

Anyway, here are the winners:

BEST PICTURE
Slumdog Millionaire

ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE
Sean Penn ("Milk")

ACTRESS IN A LEADING ROLE
Kate Winslet ("The Reader")

DIRECTING
Danny Boyle ("Slumdog Millionaire)

ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
Heath Ledger ("The Dark Knight")

ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
Penelope Cruz ("Vicky Cristina Barcelona")

FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM
Departures

ANIMATED FEATURE FILM
"Wall-E"

DOCUMENTARY FEATURE
''Man on Wire"



Heath Ledger, Wall-E, and Man on Wire all won, so all three of my expectations were met. Now I just gotta go see Slumdog Millionaire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home