You know those small, indie movies George Clooney makes? I'm convinced I'm too stupid for them. The last one I saw was Syriana. It was very well made, but I thought there were about ten too many plotlines. By the end I had no clue what was going on.

I thought the very same thing with Michael Clayton. There are only a few plotlines, so that's good. But by the end, I had no idea what the heck was going on and why people were acting the way they were. Why was George Clooney looking at horses? Why was Tilda Swinton sweating so much? Why were the credits rolling?

From the interviews, Clooney sounds like a pretty smart guy, so I take the blame for not getting his movies. From now on, it's only Ocean's 14 for me.

One sad bit of trivia about this movie is that it's one of Sydney Pollack's last movies. Yeah, I had no idea who he was until I saw his picture this week. But I bet you didn't either, right?

I have no idea how to review this one. It's well acted and the plot seems like it's good, but I just couldn't follow along with it. If you see it and like it, can you please let me know what it was all about? Thanks.


Grade: D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home