Happy New Year, everyone. I've never done a list like this before, but thought it might be fun. Now I'm only going to count movies that were released this year. Older movies I caught on DVD won't make it.

So here goes, in no particular order...

BEST:
  • 300 - Some people didn't like this one. Personally, I think it should be required viewing for any guy to get his "Man Card."
  • 3:10 to Yuma - If I had to pick one movie for Best of the Year, this would be it. This is a must see for everyone who loves movies. It's perfect.
  • No Country for Old Men - Think Fargo set in Texas. Tommy Lee Jones will probably win the Oscar for his work here. The movie itself could win, too.
  • Zodiac - This was a creepy movie about a serial killer in California. Well acted and extremely well paced for a movie that covers several years.
  • Grindhouse - Obviously these two had to make the list. Go watch both of them. Now.

WORST:
  • Wild Hogs - Imagine two hours of jokes about the biker in the Village People. This one's worse.
  • Blades of Glory - I like Will Farrell, I really do. I just don't like him in any movie where he's the main star. This was better than Anchorman, but that's not saying much.
  • Bridge to Terabithia - Some of you who saw this will assume I'm a cold-hearted bastard for listing this one. I can handle that. But the movie still sucked.
  • The Invisible - Worst.Ending.Ever.
  • Ghost Rider - You know that prank where you set a bag of poo on fire and leave it on your enemy's doorstep? This is like that, but the bag of poo is in your DVD player.

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT:
  • TIE: Spider-Man 3 / Transformers - Two movies I had such high hopes for, dashed upon the cold, rocky coast of mediocrity.


Still left to see:
There are still many movies I'm waiting to see. Hopefully they'll be included in the Best and not my Worst list. They are...

I Am Legend, The Bourne Ultimatum, Ratatouille, Superbad, The Kingdom, Stardust, Charlie Wilson's War, Sweeny Todd, Juno, Across the Universe, and The Kite Runner.



I hope everyone has a great 2008 (Note to self: Trademark "Two-thousand Great")!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home