OK, I just got back from seeing Day After Tomorrow (DAT). Let me begin by saying that I love disaster movies. Deep Impact rocked. Volcano, yeah -- well, actually that one really sucked. But usually, if it's a movie about something being destroyed causing mass chaos, my butt's in the seat. Now after knowing that, I gotta say that DAT is BY FAR the best disaster movie I've seen.

Now, DAT is FAR from perfect. It IS a disaster movie afterall, and it definitely sticks to all laws that disaster movies must follow. Such as: The estranged hero and his wife/children. The "This is your last chance" speach. And of course, lame or wrong science to explain the scientific disaster so that Bubba in Arkansas thinks he learned something.

Oh, and don't get me started on the wolves. What kind of crap was that? They didn't even LOOK good. It's like they spent all this money on flooding New York and having Twisters in LA (really cool!) that they were like, "Bah, save some cash on the wolves. Everyone thinks they suck anyway."

And I gotta say, Peter Parker's brother....yeah, I half expected him to start slinging webs when he was out rescuing his girl from the 100 ft tidal wave. Classic.

So anyhoo, if you watch disaster movies the same way you watch MST3k reruns, then DAT is for you!

Grade: B-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home